Position: Communications Coordinator
Type: Part-time or Contract
Location: North Webster, IN
The TWF is seeking a communications professional to join our team working to protect and improve water quality in our area lakes and streams.
Who We Are:
The Watershed Foundation is a non-profit organization working since 1997 to protect, preserve and improve the water quality of our local lakes and streams.
Together with our supporters, board, staff and partner network we fulfill our mission by identifying and stopping sources of pollution, uniting partners, and empowering the public to be good stewards of our water resources through education and outreach. Please peruse our website to learn more about what we do and how we do it.
Who we are looking for:
People often describe you as passionate, talented, driven, innovative, helpful and sincere. You are self-sufficient, detail-oriented and possess the ability to work independently and with a team. You are an outstanding communicator possessing excellent writing and speaking skills. You are a continuous learner. You are committed to protecting and preserving the environment, especially our water resources.
The job we need you to do:
- Engage in education, outreach and marketing activities in support of water quality
- Support, promote and market the org program and projects
- Work with the Executive Director and outreach & marketing committee to develop a marketing plan, identify priorities and report on activities
- Produce marketing and public relations materials to translate water issues and science to the public, lake residents, and farmers – and to promote the programs and work of TWF – including print and e-newsletter articles, news releases, brochures, fact sheets, flyers, fundraising letters, videos, annual reports, signs, promotional items, business recognition program and exhibits/displays
- Identify and engage partnership and volunteer opportunities
- Coordinate TWF’s presence at community events
- Maintain and expand TWF’s social media presence and website
- Give presentations to community groups
- Assist with organization fundraising including grant writing
- Assist with developing and leading educational, fundraising & outreach events
- Become familiar with TWF’s history, mission and key issues and integrate those into on-going communications and relationships with partners and the public
The communications coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director. This job offers flexible hours but requires occasional evenings and weekends.
You might have a degree in marketing, communications, public affairs, journalism, philanthropy or commensurate professional experience. You must be proficient in the written English language. You must be proficient in the use of computer software including e-mail, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint. Experience in the use of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, MailChimp, and WordPress is helpful but not required.
Our Non-Discrimination Policy:
It is the practice of The Watershed Foundation in all aspects of employment, to treat all persons without discrimination based on race, religion, color, political affiliation, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, sex or age.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and contact information for two professional references to Alex Hall, TWF board member, at email@example.com. In addition, please send two samples of relevant work demonstrating how your traits, expertise, experience and skills match the job responsibilities. Examples of relevant writing products include flyers, websites, news releases, and articles written for the general public.
No phone calls, please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.